More to It than Divorce

Our family law attorneys at Robert J. Reeves P.C. can do more than just your divorce. They are here for you no matter what your Fort Mill family law issue is. After all, family law is about more than divorce.


We will gladly assist you in bringing a new child into your family if you are seeking an adoption. While adoptions may seem like they don’t require an attorney’s assistance, sometimes issues can crop up. That’s why have an experience family law attorney on your side is a good idea. Our attorneys will be there to make sure that your adoption proceeds smoothly so that you can welcome a new child into your home.


While annulments are very rare in Fort Mill family law, sometimes they are appropriate. Our attorneys can spot a void or voidable marriage by looking at the facts of your case.

To get an annulment, you must meet one of the following grounds:

  • Duress
  • Fraud
  • Bigamy
  • Incest
  • Mental incompetence
  • Underage
  • No cohabitation

These grounds are not easy to meet. Courts read them narrowly because they do not like to grant annulments easily. So, just because you feel duress now, does not mean you can get an annulment. The courts require that you got married because of duress. And, even then, it cannot be financial duress. It must be someone forcing you to marry.

If you cannot get an annulment, don’t fret. Instead, you may be eligible for divorce.

Military Benefits

One part of Fort Mill family law that you won’t find common in other states is the issue of military benefits. Because South Carolina is home to many military members, it is important that your family law attorney knows how family law affects military benefits. If you are a military member or the spouse of one, we are here to help you understand your rights regarding your military benefits.

Fort Mill Family Law and Modification

Fort Mill family law allows for you to modify certain orders and agreements. Modification requires that someone remarried or experienced a change in circumstances. Our attorneys are here to help guide you modify visitation, child custody, child support, or alimony. However, remember that parties cannot modify property division.

If you need any help with Fort Mill family law issues, please contact us today to speak with an attorney.